Santa Fosca Church
WHAT TO SEE
BRIDGE OF THE DEVIL
THRONE OF ATTILA
BASILICA SANTA MARIA ASSUNTA
CHURCH OF SANTA FOSCA
the interior of the Basilica of Santa Maria Assunta in Torcello
mosaics of the Basilica of Torcello
MUSEUM OF TORCELLO
WHAT TO SEE
In short, Burano is an authentic poem for the eyes!
typical colored houses in Burano
typical house of Burano
CHURCH SAINT MARTIN BISHOP
MUSEUM OF LACE
WHAT TO SEE
VISIT TO THE FURNACES
MUSEUM OF GLASS
DUOMO SANTI MARIA AND DONATO
CHURCH OF SAN PIETRO MARTIRE
THE LIGHTHOUSE OF MURANO
If you want to visit another island in the Venetian lagoon I recommend theisland of Pellestrina: where the rhythm is still marked by fishermen.
HOW TO GET:
- You can tour all the islands with total freedom and you can choose the order in which to visit them. Keep in mind that Murano is the closest to Venice while Torcello is the furthest. The means to move between the various islands is the Vaporetto that starts from Piazzale Roma in Venice and if you do not have the Venice card the cost per route is 7.50 Euros and access to the service for 75 minutes so I recommend to make the daily ticket at the cost of 20 Euros. The ticket office is in Piazzale Roma which has cash machines available.
- If you do not want to do it yourself you can rely on various organized tours including Venetoinside at a cost of 25 Euros.
- In spring and summer it is full of people. I recommend visiting the islands in the early morning, not having to start in the middle of the day to make long queues to take the Vaporetti.
- Line 12 runs from Venice Fondamenta Nove to Jesolo. If you want to visit the three islands from Venice just take the vaporetto towards Punta Sabbioni.
- Line 4.2 starts from Venice Piazzale Roma and passes through Fondamenta Nove
- Line 9 runs between Burano and Torcello
- Line 3 starts from Piazzale Roma and goes to Murano.
WHERE TO EAT
on the island of Torcello:
- la locanda Cipriani Piazza Santa Fosca 29 Torcello
on the island of Burano:
- at Gattonero da Ruggero via Giudecca 88, Venezia tel. 041.730120
- Trattoria da Romano via Baldassare Galuppi 221, Venezia
- Ai Cacciatori via Santa Caterina 24, Venezia tel. 041.730848
- Trattoria alla Maddalena Fondamenta di Santa Caterina 7/b Venezia